Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Get Happy (sorry this is so late, Hjelms!!!!)

My favorite Judy Garland song is "Get Happy." I didn't realize it until now because I'd never properly listened, but it's actually kind of a religious song. She repeatedly uses the word "hallelujah" and talks about going to the promise land. She's saying get happy because you're going to be saved, to an extent. Having actually payed attention to the lyrics, I find them a little odd--the song is so show tune-y, and I'm not big on the whole religious music thing. I still like the tune though. Originally I liked the song more for the tune and the main lyrics ("get happy"), that's what drew me to it. I guess the only idea I within the song that I relate to is the idea of getting happy, but otherwise I just think it sounds good. I know, that's way shallow.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Judy%20Garland%20Lyrics/Get%20Happy!%20Lyrics.html

No comments: